AFA IS LOOKING FOR FIREFIGHTERS
The AFA is an inclusive organization and welcomes any member of a fire department: paid, part time, volunteer, military or industrial, state fire marshals office, state forestry commission, Alabama Fire College and any retired member of the above is eligible to join. Fire service explorers are also eligible for membership. Come join AFA today and help shape the future of the Alabama Fire Service!
Benefits of Membership:
- You have a collective voice committed to building a better fire service through:
- A member of the Alabama Firefighters Personnel Standards & Education Commission that governs the Alabama Fire College and Firefighter Standards.
- Two Directors who represent Alabama on the National Volunteer Fire Council Board of Directors.
- Three members of the Alabama Joint Fire Council.
- A member of the Alabama Department of Public Health State Emergency Medical Control Committee which monitors EMS and makes recommendations that support EMS in the field.
- A member on the Police and Firefighter’s survivors education assistance program providing college education to police and firefighters survivors who were lost in the line of duty.
- A member on the Alabama Firefighters Annuity and Benefit Commission
- Training Opportunities
- Annual Conference
- Tuition discount at Columbia Southern University
- Participation in group AD&D/Disability benefit
- Ability to join the APCO Employees Credit Union, the second largest credit union in Alabama.
HOW TO JOIN:
Option 1: Print the Memberhip Application below and mail to P.O. Box 524 Trussville, AL 35173 with a check.
NEW Option 2: Use the fillable PDF to complete the application, then save it. Email the completed application to alfirepayments @ gmail.com then send payment via Venmo to @ALFire.
2022 - 2023 Membership Application
- AFA fiscal year: July 1st – June 30th
- A current application is required to process your membership
- Associate Membership is available to any person who does not qualify for active membership but has an interest in or a desire to support the purposes of the organization. This is a non-voting membership.
- Sustaining membership is available to firms, organizations, companies or individuals who wish to help sponsor the Association's purpose as a 501(c)3 charitable organization. Please contact us via email for more information. alabamafirefighters @ gmail.com
Page Last Updated: Jul 190, 2022 (10:27:27)